Sunday, October 14, 2012

October 8th, 2012 (256 words!)


So as I sat in my bed last night just thinking about everything under the sun, it hit me. The question I have been asking myself repeatedly since creative writing started. What is behind my doors? Behind the doors that I have locked, that the little girl behind the door is screaming to let out. Well I finally unlocked the door!!!! I found what I’m hiding from myself! You see, when I was very young, 5th grade to be exact, I was bullied, I was made fun of by a group of girls at our school who thought they were so much better than me because I wasn’t girly. So I completely changed who I was, I went from the biggest tomboy ever, to a preppy annoying girlie girl. I did all of this just to be accepted, to stop being judged so badly… and after time passed, I was able to find a balance between my girly and tomboy, and now I’m realizing, that being bullied forced me to find my girly side, and to realize, that being a fashionista and all that stuff is who I really am. It took so much pain and hurt, and so many bad thoughts to realize it, but I did. I am so happy that I finally unlocked this door!!! I have been trying to figure it out for so long now, and it just hit me! Sometimes we have to go through hard stuff, but there is almost always light at the end of the tunnel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment