Sunday, October 7, 2012

October 5th, 2012 (291 words!)


Nicaragua


A place so dark,
Filled with so much pain,
So much hurt,
And so much betrayal.
With so much grieving,
Why is there so much joy?
So many smiling faces?
How can people show so much love,
After being through so much devastation?
I expected tears and faces flooded with horror,
People young and old overwhelmed with the hardships they’ve faced.
But instead I was engulfed in their abundant love,
They just held me like everything was alright.
These children who have lived in a dump,
Whom are digging through garbage,
Struggling for their next meal,
And striving for the love of their families.
They just long to be wanted,
And to feel the touch of someone who cares.
I have never been somewhere so amazing,
Somewhere filled with so much poverty,
But so much hope.
Hope is such a strong word,
I don’t understand how someone could summarize that word into the dictionary,
When it means so much,
It’s so powerful,
Something I can’t even express or explain.
We misuse that word to much,
We use it for such silly things,
Like I hope I get this toy for Christmas!
Or something like that,
When people in other places are hoping for so much more,
They hope that one day they can provide for their family,
That one day they will be loved,
And we have brought the meaning of that word down so much.
So maybe,
Next time you want something,
A new shirt or something,
And are upset about not getting it,
 Think about other people,
like the children in Nicaragua,
who are so thankful to get a piece of chocolate,
or a hand me down pair of shoes,
learn to be thankful for what you have.




No comments:

Post a Comment