Sunday, October 14, 2012

October 12th, 2012 (252 words!)


What is a balloon with no air?

Empty.

What is a lake with no water?

Empty.

What am I without you Lord?

Empty…

You breathed life into me,
You gave me a reason to live.
A reason to keep fighting,
To keep pushing on.

You are my everything.
I am nothing without your love,
Without you guiding me,
Every step of the way.

Why do you love me so much?
For I have wronged you so bad,
So many promises I’ve broke,
So many lies I’ve told,
And yet you still care so much.

Why?

To be honest,
My friends who wrong me time and time again,
I eventually grow angry with,
And too hurt to go on,
And the friendship ends,
And the love is gone.
So why is it that you let me keep hurting you?
Let me keep failing you,
And disappointing you,
But you still love me?
You still pursue me,
You love me just as much as you did the day I was born.

Why?

You knew my name before land,
You had a plan for me before I even existed,
How can I ever be good enough for you?

But you don’t ask me to,
You don’t ask me to live up to a standard,
Just to love you,

I am nothing without you Lord,
I am a bee with no honey,
A cop with no crime,
A sky with no sun.
I am absolutely nothing without you,
For without your abounding love,
I am,

Empty.

4 comments:

  1. this is SO good Adriel! your repitition of "empty" really defines that point. And I love the over all message(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is good I really enjoyed that keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nathan!!! hey i like your blogger profile pic! like a straight up G ;)

      Delete