Friday, November 9, 2012

October 31st, 2012 (376 words!!!)


CHAPTER 3

              7am, Macy sits up in bed and looks at the calendar, October 28th; it was the day of the banquet. She was strangely excited, but at the same time, butterflies took over her stomach, something just wasn’t sitting right about this. But she had already spent $60 on a dress at Macys and $40 on a pair of Fiona heels at Payless. Her dress was a deep purple satin, which brought out her covert green eyes. It was knee length and A line with a low V neck, it flowed beautifully and had a silver broach on a black waist sash. She paired it with some midnight blue open toed two-inch heels, on the front the fabric was pulled into a divine knot. She couldn’t wait to put it all together with her hair and makeup tonight; Macy didn’t get to dress up often, because the library never had formal events.
              Macy picked up the phone and pulled out Mrs. Hensworths’ business card with her cell number on it that she had put in her coat pocket a week prior at the mall. She punched in the numbers and cautiously pressed call.
“Hello, Lia Hensworth speaking,” she quickly answered the phone on the second ring.
“Hi Mrs. Hensworth it’s Macy Lively, I was just calling to let you know that I will be attending the banquet tonight and wanted to make sure I would still be sitting at your table?”
“Oh hello Miss Lively! It’s so great to hear from you! And please call me Lia! Yes we still have your seat saved at our table and are very excited to spend some time with you and get to know you!” She excitedly pronounced.
“Well thank you very much Mrs…. I mean, Lia, I am very excited for tonight and I am very excited to get to know you to, thank you so much, I will see you tonight! Oh, and call me Macy.” She happily responded.
“Alright Macy! Thanks for calling! I will see you tonight darling!” And they both hung up.
“I sure do hope I don’t’ end up talking like Lia by the end of the night… darlingggg psh, who calls people darling?” Macy giggled to herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment