Friday, November 9, 2012

October 28th, 2012 (370 words!!!)


CHAPTER 2

              As Macy got ready for shopping the next day she stumbled across the letter from Life Change again, and without putting any more thought into it she dialed the number at the bottom of the letter.
“(319)-285-1492” She recited the number as she pressed the square numbers on the wireless phone.
“Hello this is Lia Hensworth CEO of Life Change, how may I help you today?” Macy was secretly hoping nobody would pick up so she could just leave a message, but apparently luck was not on her side today.
“Hello Mrs. Hensworth, my name is Macy Lively, and I was calling because I got an invitation to the Life Change banquet dinner on the twenty eighth, and I would like to RSVP please.”
“Of course! Do you have a specific table you would like to be placed at?” Mrs. Hensworth thoughtfully asked.
“No thank you, I don’t know anybody going, I’m coming alone.” Macy was ashamed to be alone, and hated it, but she needed to go to this and she didn’t know why.
“Alright! Well in that case, why don’t you join my husband, George and I at our table? We’d be happy to have you!” Mrs. Hensworth sweetly offered.
“Oh no! I wouldn’t want to be a burden!” Macy quickly responded.
“You are no burden darling I will put you right there next to me! I can’t wait to meet you and I hope you have a lovely day! Thank you!” Mrs. Hensworth hung up. Puzzled, Macy hung up too. She walked over to the living room, not sure exactly what happened, why did she feel the need to attend this banquet? And why did she make that call so suddenly? Macy never did anything without thinking it through at least twenty times.
“Shit, what did I just get myself into? I’m going to call and cancel right now! I’ll say that I didn’t realize I had plans that day or something believable like that!” Macy frantically decided.
“Ding dong!” the doorbell rang just as she was dialing the phone. She tossed it on the couch and collected herself before she answered the door. She peaked through the little peep hole, it was Alli.

No comments:

Post a Comment