Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Poetic Power Essay contest entry!


Somebody struck me with a question the other day, he asked me,
“What do you want to be when you grow up?” Now I know that sounds like a pretty typical question that you are asked ever since a very young age. But this time it held a whole new meaning to me. My answer was no longer a veteran, a fashion designer, or a firefighter. This time it was plain and simple. Happy. I want to be happy, every single day. I don’t want to waste a day being sad, angry, or regretting something. I want to die knowing that I lived a good life, whether I was rich or poor, married or single. Happiness is what matters. I want to sit on my deathbed and be able to say,
“Yes, it was all worth it, I lived right.” Wouldn’t you want to know that you were a joyful person and enjoyed life instead of being rich and buying everything you wanted? Just to have people that care about you should be good enough. Life is short, I know it’s cliché, but it’s more than true. Life. Is. Short. So live it right, don’t waste another second pitying yourself. Be happy. Die happy. Because Happiness Is Key!

No comments:

Post a Comment