Monday, September 24, 2012

September 24th, 2012 (308 words!)


A Different Way to See

Today I was reading Laura’s newest blog post called “Positives” and she was talking about appreciating all the little things and looking at positives instead of the negatives in life. Anyways, she mentioned looking down at her floor and seeing a cheap little sparkly bead, and it made her happy, so I decided, hey I’m going to try that! So I looked down at the ground and all I saw was my rug… how am I supposed to look at the positives in my rug covered in dog hair?!? Then I started thinking about my friends, well, one specific one, one whom I used to call my best friend, and I couldn’t stop thinking about how angry she makes me and how much she hurt me! But then I thought of Laura’s blog post again, and I tried to look at things from another point of view, and to look at the positives. At that point I realized how this ending friendship has made things better for me, I have so many good friends now that she was holding me back from befriending for so long, because all she did was tell me why I shouldn’t be their friends and all of the negatives about them. Now I have people who are truly my best friends, Annii and Laura are the two girls in the world who I trust the most, and are always there to lift me up and encourage me! I can’t believe I spent so much time letting my old friend give me reasons to hate these amazing people! But instead of dwelling on the past, I am going to keep looking forward to the future, and I can’t wait to see where my new friendships go! Thanks Laura for making me look at the positives! I love you! <3 

2 comments:

  1. Awww this made me feel so good! I am glad you are trying to look for the positives in life Adriel! Also, I love the title of this post! :)

    ReplyDelete