Monday, December 17, 2012

November 17th, 2012 (250 words!!!)


CHAPTER 7

The sun crept through the blinds, placing shadows on Macys’ face.
“GOOOOOD MORNING! You know, I was thinking! You guys this could be kind of fun! You know, how many people get to have an adventure like this? Being on the run for their life? Not many people! But we can! Just the three of us! I packed my bags and got my money and some food! We can do this! We leave in an hour!” Alli had gone completely crazy, Macy didn’t want to be on the run, she just didn’t really have a choice, but if it meant she would have Alli with her, she would play along and pretend it would be fun, so she decided that she would play the role and act like Alli’s idea was a good one!
“Yeah Alli! Just the three of us! On the run! This is going to be so amazing! Scary, but awesome! I’ve got money too, we will beat this guy! He can’t have my daughters’ locket! Who does he think he is to threaten me?” Macy realized that Alli’s uppity attitude helped a lot, it made her feel better about going through with this instead of surrendering.
“I mean, how many librarians get to have an adventure like this? One day I’ll get to tell this story to all my friends, and my grandchildren, and God willing, my husband!” Now Macy was out of her mind, and she knew it, but she liked it! She loved this new feeling of living on the wild side, it was so much better than reading books in the library all day!
        So the girls grabbed their bags and hopped into Alli’s little red car.
“Where to ladies?” Alli asked Macy and Egypt.
“I was personally thinking that some breakfast would be amazing right now! maybe we should stop at the next diner?” Macy suggested.
“Yeah girl! There’s one a few miles from here! I hear it’s really great!” They soon pulled up to a run down little restaurant, where a lit up sign in red letters read Joe’s Diner.
“Hm, sounds decent enough!” Macy commented. So they all got out of the car and embarked on the journey across the rugged parking lot. Anyone could take one look at it and know that it hasn’t been re graveled in more than ten years, there were potholes everywhere, it was like someone just threw grenades everywhere and blew up the whole parking lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment