Wednesday, May 15, 2013

March 13th, 2013 (242 words)

To be free, 
Like a butterfly in a meadow full of daisies,
an indian on the vast plain,
or a dolphin in the clearest of waters. 

It's all i've ever wanted.
To be careless.
Filled with abundant joy and hope,
to be able to walk down the street with no feelings of judgment.
To never have to worry about tomorrow.
Carefree.
Joyful.
Hopeful.
Freedom.
_________________________


Do I dare close my eyes?
To throw myself into the inevitable world of dreams?
Uncontrollable thoughts of you in my sleep,
they may just drive me over the edge. 

I knew you were something special when you broke my heart.
Because it hurt more than anything i could imagine.
More than knife in my gut,
or twenty shots in my leg.
It was an emotional pain, 
one that you can't put some stitches on or go to the hospital for.
It was the greatest pain anybody could feel.

I knew you were something special when I told my mama i love you,
and all she could say was "I know darling."

I knew you were something special the moment I realized that when i'm not with you.
I never stop thinking of you.

You persist to follow me into my dreams, 
the one place where I cannot control my thoughts.
The place where I lose all control. 

You became my something special when you told me you loved me.
And guess what?
I love you too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment