Sunday, January 27, 2013

January 27th, 2013 (501 words!!!)

1st Semester reflection! 


Wow, what a semester! Creative writing is by far the best class i've ever taken! I have never felt so safe to share my writing with anybody before until I joined this class, I finally feel like I fit in somewhere. I feel like I did alright this semester, I missed A LOT of blogging, I have written everyday, which was quite a success, but some of it was too personal to share, and other stuff I would write in a journal, that I currently cannot find :( All of my writing of two months just vanished, it's gone and I don't know where it could be :( But I have come so far in my writing, I love being able to write about whatever I want, and to be able to express myself through my writing. I've learned so much about writing, and poetry this semester, but the biggest thing i've learned is how to give feedback, and how to accept it, this has helped me so much with my writing. But the biggest thing i've learned is that not everything we write is going to be amazing, as a matter of fact, probably three fourths are stories or poems that I never want to read again! But it makes me appreciate the one fourth that is amazing so much more. I feel so accomplished when I write a good story, when everything just fits together so perfectly. Things that i'm doing better at, gee, i think i'm just doing better with my writing in general, i've learned so much from my classmates feedback, and how to better my writing, and things that i struggle with, I still have so so so much more to learn, but I think I have come a long way this semester. I never really pictured myself as a writer. As a matter of fact, before this class I hated, and absolutely despised poetry, and now it is my favorite kind of writing! I'm looking forward to this next semester so much, I am so determined to keep up with my writing and blog everyday, I want to better my writing so much more, and I'm so excited to read my poetry to random people! I am also surprisingly excited for script frenzy! I think it is going to be so fun! Mr. Anderson has changed my life forever, he introduced me to a whole new world of writing and helped me realize something that I love, something that I never thought I would like. And now I find myself writing everyday, and I love it! A day without writing is just too weird for me. But seriously I promise to do so much better on my blogging this semester, even though i'm not looking forward to writing 500 words everyday, but I will get used to that just like I did before, and soon it will be just like breathing, it will be natural and something that I cannot live without!

1 comment:

  1. Great reflection Adriel! I really liked all of it. I am totally excited to see what you are going to create for semester two, it is going to be incredible.

    ReplyDelete